Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Meet Ellie!


Meet Elanor aka Ellie. Her Mother is Starsign, an alpine and her father was an obnoxious Boer that my mother called William Buckley and my cousin and I renamed Butthead.

He was actually so mean that we couldn't sell him so he became Brats. I'm not the world's biggest fan of chevon as a general rule but after some of the bruises I got from just feeding him?

Suffice to say that those brats are something I very cheerfully eat whenever they are served.


We are working on more of a dual purpose line here at the homestead - so breeding a boer to an Alpine is giving us more of a milk AND meat thing going. Ellie will be a milker.

My first time midwifing on my own and the first time I'd been in the birthing stall since I was 10 so I did ok. Mom came out once the dude went to sleep (the goats are hers).

We wondered about twins but it was just Ellie. So one down and three to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment